roland-jupiter.org

The Roland Jupiter Series BBS
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:19 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:04 pm 

Hello all. I recently got a JP-8 that's in really great condition. There's just one small thing that doesn't work and I'm not sure how to troubleshoot the problem.

When I engage the ON switch for the VCF bender, it doesn't respond to bender changes, even with the slider set to the max.

Both VCOs respond (independently, as designed) to the bender when their switches are in the ON position. However, raising the VCO bender sliders changes the pitch of the current note even before the bender is engaged. This is unwanted because the pitch is not scaled to to the keyboard as you'd expect. I don't know if this is normal operation.

If the VCO behavior is normal operation, that's OK. But in that case it seems like either the VCF switch or slider is dead.

Everything else on the front panel and performance section (lower left) seems to work fine. I'd appreciate some advice from someone who can help me get this working again. It's 99% functional and I want to get everything working.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:51 am 

Hi there, I would go with your instinct, it is either the slider or the switch.
Also there are trimmers on the Bender panel to trim out pitch bend issues when the slider is pushed forward but no bending is done. It is all in the service manual.
Does the LFO manual button on the bender panel work ?
If so i would be pleasantly surprised
Regards
John.