Can't WRITE/LOAD/SAVE

The Roland Super-Jupiter (MKS-80) analogue synthesizer
analog_alpha

Can't WRITE/LOAD/SAVE

Postby analog_alpha » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:07 am

I just received MKS-80 in mail, but it's turning to be a big headache. While holding AUTOTUNE and WRITE buttons on power-up to check for REV nothing happens. The MKS just goes right into AUTOTUNE, which works fine. The WRITE button also doesn't light up when pressed in edit mode. Is there anything I can do to narrow this problem down, so I can fix it? Are there any ribbon cables (loose in shipping), that I can cheeck?It seems that the whole area responsible for writing memory is out. None of the three buttons (WRITE/LOAD/SAVE) respond to anything. Other then that it seems acceptable, but I haven't really played with it that much. Is there a procedure for checking all voices etc? I have a 300MHz oscilloscope, multimeter and enough knowledge to check some things out, so if anyone could tell me anything, that I can check on the board, I would really appreciate it.
Thank you
Chris

Gil Sicuro

Postby Gil Sicuro » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:44 pm

Hmmm, that may sound silly, but did you check the Protect switch? Even for a malfunction?

Here are some links that may be useful for you:

http://www.4shared.com/file/108951574/e ... anual.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/108952014/a ... Notes.html

Good luck

analog_alpha

Postby analog_alpha » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:45 pm

Yes the protection is off, but I would think that on power-up when checking the Revision the protection wouldn’t matter. I will check if that switch is working or not when I’ll get home.
Thank you
Chris

analog_alpha

Postby analog_alpha » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:12 am

Just to give people an update here....the problem with my MKS-80 was cracked front panel circuit. The unit was damaged in shipping. She's all working now.

Cheers
Chris.

Return to “Super-Jupiter”