JP-6 Mods by Analogue Solutions

General Discussions concerning modifications to the Roland Jupiter series analogue synthesizers
analogue68

JP-6 Mods by Analogue Solutions

Postby analogue68 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:48 am

Hello again,

I put this post in a separate thread since it is a different modification by a different person(s).

The modification by AnalogueSolutions is to add another audio out so that the "upper" and "lower" sounds come out of two separate audio outs. I havent tried this mod personally, but it sound interesting enough that i might order it. I asked them whether the "Balance" knob on the JP-6 will affect the volume sent to each audio out, but they said they couldnt remember. Either way, the ability to send the upper and lower sounds to two channels on your mixer and apply different Fx, Eq, etc.. sounds (to me) like it might be worth the modifictaion.

Their website is: http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~concuss/mods.htm

Any comments?

Cheers.

sjones

Postby sjones » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:26 am

30 pounds is pretty steep for the mod unless that also includes their work. I would assume that the BALANCE dial would adjust the output level depending on which side you favor. I'm sure Synthfool knows about this modification. I've thought about it, and if I did make many split patches, I would probably do it.. but I'd probably just change the mono audio jack to a stereo one.

Steveo

Postby Steveo » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:31 am

Hmm I would be wary - I've seen the "modular" mod they made to a friends SH-3a and frankly it looks bloody lethal and far from professional. I wouldn't let em near any of my gear.

Synthfool

Postby Synthfool » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:45 am

I haven't seen their mod for this, but if I was doing it, I'd take the left and right signals *before* the balance pot.
Then both would be full level and any balancing would be up to the user and his mixer, the original outs and balance control being left untouched.
Not sure if this works just as I described above since I haven't referenced the schematics for this post, but it's pretty common to take pre-mixer levels when doing separate outs.

k500zm

Postby k500zm » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:44 am

Hi

When I had my Europa mod fitted by Kenton in London I asked John to mod the "upper" and "lower" sounds so they come out of two separate audio outs.

He did this for me using the 2 Tape sockets [so no tape functionality -but thats not important with the sysex patch transmission etc]

It works perfectly and the balance control does still work.

One output is for the 4 voice and the other for the 2 voice.

Hope that helps.

FUBARd

Re: JP-6 Mods by Analogue Solutions

Postby FUBARd » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:50 am

???

Return to “The Bench”