roland-jupiter.org

The Roland Jupiter Series BBS
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:17 am

All times are UTC

JP6 PROBLEM to SAVE/LOAD the SOUNDBANK(S)! PLEASE HELP ME !
JP6 PROBLEM to SAVE/LOAD the SOUNDBANK(S)! PLEASE HELP ME ! 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
JP6 PROBLEM to SAVE/LOAD the SOUNDBANK(S)! PLEASE HELP ME ! 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 3
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:22 pm 

Hello to all JP6 Users and Lovers !

Is there Someone who can help me please to save my Soundbank(s) of my Jupiter 6 on Tape or into the computer ( by using Wavelab ) ?

Can someone explain...please ?

So the problem...and how i do the saving procedure :

I've done the Tape Save procedure like the manual instruction says, but it does not work !!!

I have tested it in many different ways, many times and with different levels while recording at the saving ( or load ) procedure !
In analog and digital recording ways !
and ? ugly happening ! it does not work ! : (

after the saving procedure i use the verifying procedure and allways at all banks the error lights are on !
and when i load the ( bad ) saved bank sounds it does not work too ! theres only bad noise after this on this bank to hear !
( i have only done for one bank, because i dont want to lose all my sounds ! )

also when i use single saving for each soundbank...it does not work also ! : (

btw.
I own a Juno 106 too.
So when i do the same procedure, in the same way saving the sounbank(s) like it have to do for the JP6 ( old roland gear mostly got the same save and load procedure ), all works without any problems !!!
saving, loading and verifying all is fully working ( and it does not matter if the soundbankwave's are saved digital or analog ) !

So, please help me ! ( maybe other JP6 users also , because i have heard i'm not the only one who got problem to saving soundbanks of JP6 )

How can i Save, Load and Verify the Sound Bank(s) of my Jupiter 6 ?

Please tell me what i can do or in which way does the save, load and verify procedure really works in a savety way !

Please tell me the whole ( saint ) procedure !

Thank You much and all the best for You and Your Jupiter 6 !

Mona ( The Polygirl )

privat :
xmonax2000@yahoo.de

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:13 pm 

Dear Mona

I am afraid I can't explain why this isn't working for you and having never saved or loaded patches / presets via the tape interface I don't know how reliable it really is.

However the guys at Europa describe it as unreliable and their upgrade for ther JP-6 provides save and load via Midi which would be worth exploring.

http://www.synthcom.com/Europa/europaFaq.html

Europa is a great upgrade. No one on the site seems to think otherwise so if you haven't yet invested I'd recommend it.

All the best

Alistair

Post subject: jup6 soundbanksave
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:34 pm 

Hi Alistair

Thanx for the reply !

I know the Europa would be great and where i can get it. Maybe its probably unaviodable thing for the future.
But for first i need to know how Tape Saving successfully worx before this happens !
Because... My Sounds will be deleted when i do the built in procedure of the Europa IC !

Btw.
I does a lot Tape Saving last 20 years with Juno 106 and its a perfect analog way for saving the own Sounds ! I never haved problems with this or the prozedure of this Saving Style.

Best to you too !
Mona

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:24 am 

If done correctly you won't lose your patches when doing the Europa install. Then you can forget about tape dumps forever! :D

That said before I had Europa I was able to save and load tape dumps OK. It is picky about the volume level.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:28 pm 

Hello Dought !

Ahhhh,
ok ! Thats really nice to know i dont lose my Soundbanks if i do the Europa install ! : ) So i will start to save the money for. : D

Yeah ...
Thanx much for giving the advice to use the leveling again for Soundbank Tape Saving / Tape Memory ! Seems there is no other or better way ( without Europa ) and i will try it again !
I done and test with different levels all times but maybe it was not exactly the level JP6 really need for send and receive the dataset !

I will figure it out !

Thank you much Dought !
Greetz
Mona

Post subject: verify
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:52 am 

I found this thread while having trouble verifying my patch saves. I experimented and found that by releasing the "verify" and "tape memory" buttons only DURING the "pilot tone" (unmodulated tone at beginning of audio) that my problem was solved. To repeat: first start the audio playing, then press and release the buttons to VERIFY once you've heard the pilot tone. The manual (my copy, anyway) contradicts itself on this.

I hope this helps you or someone...I know it's an old thread :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:15 pm 

hello Paul,

its allways nice to post what could be helpfull for this topic ! dont matter how old this would be !

seems (maybe) every jup6 got little varietys for saving and reload patches...
dont forget to verify ( like the manual say ) ! this is very importend to know if all patches are really saved and could be reload !

my jup6 got the problem (like the most) the signals was to often to low for save, verify and reload.

so thank you very much for help Paul !

have a nice time
greetz
Mona

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:00 am 

I had MANY issues loading factory patches. Eventually I replaced my internal battery and also "amped" up the patch data file in Pro Tools. It finally worked. My serial number is over 500,000.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:10 pm 

hello nightfur

thank you for this information !

nice to know it would be work in this way also !

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:44 am 

They've created as perfect gift to celebrate Valentine's or some other party with your loved one.Nowadays, it can be a popular trend to check modern casual dressing with products from Thomas Sabo Charm collection. The following could be the valuable manual which could make it easier to to retailer Thomas Sabo Jewellery efficiently. They point out that charms symbolize our obsessions and passions.

Thomas sabo jewellery , You can make Thomas Sabo charms that represent lifes special moments.

Thomas sabo jewellery , "If the trucker [Rutler] had NOT been arrested for DUI, [Christina] would've never been in trouble.

Thomas sabo charms , It is tough not to express yourself because of the choices that Thomas Sabo charms ought to offer.

Thomas sabo online , The actual unique in addition to incredible styles provided will certainly produce a positive change within the design and style type of everybody.99 nonetheless look into and you will be pleasantly shocked in their particular quantity a ton lower.The last launch for the 30 days will be the JS Pizza Jeans, covered in cleaned denim material with lotion shaded sewing throughout.The Jeremy Scott Leopard Adidas footwear continues to be abhorrent acclimatized afterwards for football gamers all over the angel and it's abandoned accepting added and added acclaimed for off the acreage use.

Adidas jeremy scott , Treat the seams in your boot with a water-proofing spray right after the oil is dry. for $178 million, taking it private inside a leveraged buyout. Other individuals regarded it as a patronizing ploy, and also a rather hurriedly thought-up one particular at that. "Please help me. By their accessories shall thee know them.