My Yamaha CS-40M Demo

Other non-Jupiter related gear you'd like to show
Analogue Crazy

My Yamaha CS-40M Demo

Postby Analogue Crazy » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:06 pm

Here is my mighty CS-40M in action:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cyjLfXz5JYU

Along with the Jupiter-4 this is one of my all time favorite synths. The filters may be a little weak but the sound is so huge and creamy and the synth is so flexible. This is a huge sounding synth.
Jupiter-4, Juno-60, JX-3P, CS-40M, Multiman, Wavestation EX, VL-Tone

nebula

Postby nebula » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:12 pm

I love my CS40M to pieces and absolutely will never let it go. It's such a versatile machine. The filter has a character of its own - I don't think I'd call it weak. The HPF is wonderful and the LFO routings are insane.

My favourite unique feature of this machine is where you can take raw sine wave outputs from the oscillators and mix them with the filter output before it hits the VCA. With this method you can create a bass sound around a highpass filter sweep and still have lots of deep, low-end energy in there courtesy of the sine wave. This is what makes the CS40M a "gotta have it" instrument among drum&bass producers in the know :)

I am at work right now, but I'll watch your video when I get home.

Cheers

nebula

Postby nebula » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:41 am

OK, watched the video. Left a comment. I'm impressed. Good job. (I'm "infindebula" on youtube)

cuaran

Postby cuaran » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:18 pm

anyone interested in my CS-40m? It's gone mental, so it'd be a project or [shudder] parts donor :cry:

covariance

Postby covariance » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:50 pm

cuaran wrote:anyone interested in my CS-40m? It's gone mental, so it'd be a project or [shudder] parts donor :cry:

I've got a CS15D which I think would be good for merging. Same ICs.

Return to “Other”