old roland

Other non-Jupiter related gear you'd like to show
CasioKorg

old roland

Postby CasioKorg » Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:25 am

hi
i played this roland a few weeks ago. i think it was 1974 ?
it had a sticker on it saying ti was rolands first after touch synth.
it sounds really cool!
but i cant find out anythign about it on the web anywehre, i cant even ind one picture.
anyone know the model name?

sjones

Postby sjones » Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:28 am

Its probably the SH-2000. Did it have colorful flip switches in the front with the control panel on the left hand side? I think the Japanese called them "tablet keys".

I personally don't like the early manuals they were using in this synth and the RS series as well as the Jupiter-4 and some of the VP-330s. Just really clunky feeling.

CasioKorg

Postby CasioKorg » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:04 pm

you know, it was similer to the SH-2000. but it didnt have the colorful flip knobs, it had white ones on the left controls, and more keys i belive. it was realy neat sounding, i jsut cant seem to ifnd a picture of this exact model anywhere. i guess all i have to go with the info i DO know is that it was rolands first ater touch synth..
hm.
it was only 200 bucks...i probably should have scooped it up.

sjones

Postby sjones » Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:02 pm

If no color 'tablet keys' its probably the SH-1000, but I don't think that had aftertouch. For $200, yes, you better run back to that shop and get it. The 'tablet keys' on the SH-1000 are white with some grey and some black.

CasioKorg

Postby CasioKorg » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:28 am

no, it wasnt the SH-1000 either :( coser though. it had more the kinda swtich nobs that are like the kind on wurltizer organs. there was no release delay , etc..sliders on it on the left control panel, but thats where the clicky knobs were. it had presetss, but they wernt on the bottom, like the jupiter 4s, but there were on the left.
hmm..

Steveo

Postby Steveo » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:12 pm

CasioKorg wrote:no, it wasnt the SH-1000 either :( coser though. it had more the kinda swtich nobs that are like the kind on wurltizer organs. there was no release delay , etc..sliders on it on the left control panel, but thats where the clicky knobs were. it had presetss, but they wernt on the bottom, like the jupiter 4s, but there were on the left.
hmm..

Could have been a Pro-Mars , although that didn't have aftertouch ( the label could have just been B/S) - but it did have similar preset selectors like the Jupe4 tho' on the pro-mars they were above the keyboard not below it.

Return to “Other”