roland jx-3p pitchbend issue

General Discussions concerning modifications to the Roland Jupiter series analogue synthesizers
noidear

roland jx-3p pitchbend issue

Postby noidear » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:53 pm

Hi,

I know this is a forum for Roalnd Jupiter synths, but dont know where else to find help on the following.

The pitchbend on the jx-3p is only working when I turnit to the right, but not to the left. I have taken the pitchbend pcb out and notice that it is a bit wobbly on the left side as though the pcb is broken. This is possible as when I bought it the pitch bend wheel had been pushed into the frpnt panel as though something had dropped on it. I thought it might be possible to fix this but cannot figure out how to take the wheel pot off the pcb itself as there is glue holding the nut in place.

If there is anyone here who could post some photos of the pitchbend pcb and or how to remove the wheel pot I would really appreciate that. Or if anyone has a spare in stock then please let me know. Thanks. Also if you need photos to show what I mean, then I will try and get some done when I have a moment. Cheers all

dougt

Postby dougt » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:42 am

UNfortunately the JX-3P bender unit is not the same as any other Roland (Jupiter or otherwise). I happen to have a complete working JX-3P bender assembly (bender + pot) you can have for $30 if you want. You would just need to solder the 4 wires to the new one and drop it in place.

Doug
synthparts.com

noidear

Postby noidear » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:06 pm

Hi Doug,

Thanks for the info, and yes please I would like to buy the bender assembly from you. Thanks. I will send you a PM with my details and will check out your website re payment method.

Thanks again

Tim

noidear

Postby noidear » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:23 pm

Hi Doug,

Just to say thanks for the JX-3p bender assembly. Received it today, and already fitted and working beautifully.

Thanks again

Return to “The Bench”