hmm

Discussions concerning the Europa mod for the Roland Jupiter-6 analogue synthesizer
CasioKorg

Postby CasioKorg » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:05 pm

sjones wrote:Hmm... are you asking if you should touch the prongs together? In this and previous messages it sounds like it.. If you do that, it will short out the battery (and cause it now to work). I'm sorry if I'm intrepreting you incorrectly.

oh, by prong, i mean the battery legs. are those the same things? and the soldering iron did touch the battery, but no explosion, leak, or anything..

hmm.

CasioKorg

Postby CasioKorg » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:13 am

OK so heres the horrible looking job i did on it...but the most important thing is that the battery IS touching the battery holding metal prongs...right?
well here it is..:
Shot with Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi at 2007-07-22

so i thought maybe my terrible job was the reason it wasn't working? so i did something else....i removed he crappy tape, etc.....and bent the prongs so they were nice and tight so they would hug the battery...heres that one:
Shot with Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi at 2007-07-22

so i tried that, loaded the preset, and still no luck..i turned it on and off a few times, and it worked a few times ,then back to just noises....

what is wrong with my poor Jupiter!?!?

:(

dougt

Postby dougt » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:07 am

Looks like some battery corrosion especially around the black screw there... Try cleaning it up with some alcohol...

The only way to make sure the battery stays in good contact is to get one with solder tabs and solder it in like the old one. Like one of these

http://www.batterysupplier.com/get_item_comp-15-1.htm

CasioKorg

Postby CasioKorg » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:01 am

thanks for the quick response! ill head back to the studio and clean those spots up. i just placed an order for that battery from the link you supplied. thanks!
if its not the battery, what else could cause this? its such a weird feeling, having my Jupiter sick :(
i guess thats the nice thing about my sh-101 and juno 6, you go into it having the intention to let go of the sounds you create, but the Jupiter's special, so hopefully ill have some better luck.

sjones

Postby sjones » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:50 pm

You know what. I think you've got it in backwards. Reverse the polarity and try again.

CasioKorg

Postby CasioKorg » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:22 am

tried all those things...cleaned the battery compartment with alcohol...im about to give up on my beautiful Jupiter..

my last resort if the "soder tipped" batteries i ordered from the website you suggested. in this process, the battery prongs have gotten rather bent up. maybe i should unsolder the whole things, and put new ones in? i dunno. but if this last attempt doesnt work, i realy dont know what esle could be wrong.

this is like loosing a friend before you even got a chance to know them :(

would upgrading to europa solve this?

:(:(

CasioKorg

Postby CasioKorg » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:41 am

good news!

m solder tipped batteries jsut arrived.
soldered them in, and POOF! it works now! i kept it tunred off for about an hour, then tried again, and it saved the sounds :P

im a happy boy :)

thanks everyone for your help

dougt

Postby dougt » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:48 pm

Glad to hear it. Always go for an exact replacement on these things if you can find one.. :D

Return to “Europa”