Europa saved my Jupiter

Discussions concerning the Europa mod for the Roland Jupiter-6 analogue synthesizer
badscientist

Europa saved my Jupiter

Postby badscientist » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:28 am

Hi there, I'm new to the forum. I've had a JP6 for about 2 years, but it's been on the workbench for almost that entire time due to a faulty voice. On one voice, osc 1 always played about a semitone low. Yay. After much money and two different techs achieving very little, I decided to install Europa anyway, figuring it was still a pretty wicked synth even if I had to use one side of the keyboard split as a single osc synth. BUT... since Europa has been installed, it works perfectly, everything in tune. And what beautiful sounds it makes. I think I'm in love.

Has anyone looked into the possibility of modifying the outs so the voiceboards each have their own output? I'd love to be able to apply effects separately for each side of the keyboard split in a live setting.

dougt

Postby dougt » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:58 am

Yes, separate outputs for each voice board are easy to do however when you go from Split-1 to Split-2 mode the outputs would be reversed (what was the lower patch is now the upper and vice-versa)...

Return to “Europa”