Saving Patches to Expanded Europa Memory Slots in v2.0 RC

Discussions concerning the Europa mod for the Roland Jupiter-6 analogue synthesizer
noidear

Saving Patches to Expanded Europa Memory Slots in v2.0 RC

Postby noidear » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:24 pm

Hi all,

Another problem that I would like some help with if possible.

I am having problems saving patches to the expanded Europa memory slots in Europa OS v2.0 RC. Its been a long time since I have tried this as the synth has been in for repairs until recently.

Basically if someone could give a brief run down of the procedure to copy a patch from one slot to another slot, or how to save an edited preset to an Expanded slot patch.

I have tried following the additional Europa User Guide for the latest v2.0 RC update, section called Miscellaneous Features, page 41-42, but for some reason if I save a patch, let's say in F - 7, when I then finish that and select any other Expanded patch they all sound the same as the patch I was trying to save, i.e. it seems that the last patch saved overwrites all the other patches in the expanded slots.

Any help with this would be great, with just a quick description of the correct way to save the patch. Thanks very much.

noidear

Postby noidear » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:53 am

Not to worry. I emailed Jeff at Synthcom and he has kindly emailed me a later version 2.0 RC4 Europa OS which seems to have fixed the saving of these patches. I think also I might have been doing it slightly wrong anyway. In case anyone is interested, here is how to use the extra slots which are an added feature in Europa 2.0 OS

Hold down the Patch Preset button and then select one of the blinking A-F buttons. These blinking buttons correspond to Slot 1 to 6, and once a Slot has been selected you release the Patch Preset button.

If you want to save a patch that you have just edited, again hold down the Patch Preset button and then select one of the blinking A-F buttons so Europa knows which Slot you want to save to, then press the Write button followed by Bank button A to F where you want to save to, and then press a Preset Number 1 to 8 where you want to save the new patch. Then press the same number again to confirm this.

If you want to copy a patch from one slot to another first remember to select the patch you want to copy, then reverse the Env-1 polatity button, then reverse it once again so that the Env-1 polarity is back where it started. This copies the selected patch into the edit buffer. Then follow the instructions as for saving the patch.

Job done.

So basically with Europa v2.0 OS there are 6 slots and within each slot there are 48 patches A1 to F8, which gives a total of 288 Patches and 192 Presets. Quoting from the additional Europa New Features.pdf that is included in v2.0 RC4 'Only one group of 48 patches and 32 presets is available at a time' but 'Each slot is selectable via MIDI using the standard Bank Select message'

Not quite sure how to save the Presets yet, so if anyone wishes to add to this info or to correct anything that I have written, please do let me know.
In the meantime I hope this makes how to use the new patch Slots a bit clearer to understand.

Cheers

Return to “Europa”