Transpose problem

Discussions concerning the Europa mod for the Roland Jupiter-6 analogue synthesizer
Bross

Transpose problem

Postby Bross » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:17 pm

I've been having a problem with my Jupiter ever since installing Europa. Some how one side of a split (upper or lower) will get transposed. The keys above or below the normal playing range get repeated in a lower or higher octave, like when you try to play midi notes outside the normal range. Once it happens it affects all patch presets with splits. It goes away if do a reset by holding BENDER on power up. It also doesn't affect Roland mode.

Anyone have ideas?

Bross

Postby Bross » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:39 am

I think I fell victim to the undocumented (in version 1.0) transpose feature. I held down upper and lower instead of one of the split keys when trying to program the split point.

noidear

Postby noidear » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:42 am

Aha, yes. I think I had that happen once before and couldn't for the life of me figure out what was going on. There's a lot of options/features available with the Europa installed and it can take some time to get to grips with it all.

When did you install it then? And have you tried out the version 2 update, although still a release candidate but quite stable I think. If you want to try it out send an email to Jeff at Synthcom and I am sure he will send it to you. Unfortunately my JP-6 is still not working...something wrong with the PSU, but I am in the process of getting it sorted....hopefully.

Anyway, welcome to the world of Europa :)

Bross

Postby Bross » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:58 pm

I just made another discovery: I must have version 2.0 already. I was reading old posts about the extra memory slots and layer mode. I just tested it out and I have them. Synthcom must be shipping Europa with 2.0.

Return to “Europa”