Removing the wood end cheeks - how to do it?

The Roland Jupiter-4 and ProMars Compuphonic Analogue Synthesizer
captain_future

Removing the wood end cheeks - how to do it?

Postby captain_future » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:12 am

Hi, I would like to remove the wood ends on my machine because they are in bad condition, and replace them with some nice pieces of hardwood.

What's the proper way to get the old cheeks off? It seems like they are not fixed with screws, but nailed or glued to some corner rails on the inside? Thanks for any hints!

- cf

stevenclements

Re: Removing the wood end cheeks - how to do it?

Postby stevenclements » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:27 pm

captain_future wrote:Hi, I would like to remove the wood ends on my machine because they are in bad condition, and replace them with some nice pieces of hardwood.

What's the proper way to get the old cheeks off? It seems like they are not fixed with screws, but nailed or glued to some corner rails on the inside? Thanks for any hints!

- cf

Anyone?

Mr Arkadin

Postby Mr Arkadin » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:57 pm

I don't know. However, whenever I see pictures of end cheeks that look as if they've been restored there's always three screws in a triangular formation. I assume it's difficult to replace if people resort to screws (which looks a bit ugly in my opinion):

TheBaron

3 screws

Postby TheBaron » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:12 pm

Ok, just got my Jupiter 4 this week.
Actually, those 3 screws seem to come from the factory on some of the JP-4 models. Mine has it and they don't seem to do anything. if you look on the inside of the cheeks, there are perfectly recessed holes with nuts holding the bolts on, but from what I can tell, they don't seem to serve any real purpose. Strange.

Anyway, after talking to a couple people and looking at the inside of the cheeks, it appears you can remove them by removing the screws at the inside bottom of each side and them removing the triangular piece at the inside back. This is the tricky part since it's actually stapled (and may also be glued) in.

kb

3 screws

Postby kb » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:39 am

I always thought those 3 screws were for mounting the JP4 on a keyboard stand a la the Elka Synthex...?

Return to “Jupiter-4 [and The ProMars]”